Sunday, July 5, 2009

French Vanilla with Chocolate and Red Velvet with White Chocolate

I made 2 different kinds of cake balls to take to a 4th of July celebration we went to on Saturday. The first was french vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and a chocolate coating on the outside. Here's how that one looks:


MMMM. EVEN MATT LIKED IT, which says a lot because Matt is not a fan of sweets in the least. I saw that he ate several of them and that is one of the best compliments I could have gotten.

Next I moved on to red velvet because I thought that would be festive for the occasion. They are made with red velvet cake and cream cheese icing.
Fun fact: Red Velvet cake balls turns your hands read when you roll them.
Then I dipped them in white chocolate. My neighbor texted me after I dropped off a container of various cake balls. She said that the red velvet ones "don't suck" which is the highest compliment from Marisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment